(Springfield, MO) -- As your family continues to gather for the holidays this week, fire officials have a reminder tonight about fireplace and chimney safety.
The Logan-Rogersville Fire Department says it sees a spike in flue fires around this time of year.
Authorities attribute that to items getting too close to the fireplace and also people burning things like boxes and wrapping paper.
"The paper and cardboard, well the embers will float up into the chimney still on fire, and start the creosote or your flue fire," says Asst. Chief Russ Lafferty. "It's one of those things people just need to be aware of what they need to do to take care of their fireplaces and their flues."
Lafferty says if you haven't already done so, it's a good idea to have a certified chimney sweep come out to your home and make sure the chimney and flue are in proper working order.
HONDURAS - It should have been a day of celebration as Motagua were…
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - "There's more and more concern now for the safety…
Wall Street is closed on Monday for Memorial Day. On Friday the DOW…