- Preheat broiler for 5 minutes and place the oven rack 6 inches below the heat.
- Combine garlic, herbs, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs, without breaking the yolk, into each of 4 small bowls.
- Place four individual gratin dishes on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream and 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each dish and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Quickly pour 2 eggs into each gratin dish and sprinkle evenly with the herb mixture and salt and pepper.
- Place back under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the whites of the eggs are almost cooked. The eggs will continue to cook after taken out of the oven.
- Cool for one minute and serve hot with toasted bread.
Calories 275, Carbohydrates 2g, Cholesterol 455mg, Fat 23g, Fat Calories 203, Fiber 0.1g, Protein 15g, Saturated Fat 11g, Sodium 205mg. Daily Values: Calcium 105.84mg 11%, Phos 252.8mg 25%, Copper 0.09mg 5%, Zinc 1.61mg 11%, Panto 1.78mg 18%, Biotin 22.69mcg 7563%, Iodine 61.61mcg 41%, Magnesium 16.86mg 4%, Iron 2.14mg 12%, Vitamin B6 10%, Vitamin C 5%, Vitamin B12 18%, Vitamin D 25%, Vit E-a-Toco 5%, Vitamin A 24%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.