Chef Brian M. Romano, CEC
6 cups Shredded cabbage
1/2 stalk Broccoli
3/4 cup Dried cranberries
3/4 cup Sliced almonds (save as garnish)
1/4 cup Scallions, sliced
1/2 cup Rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 Tablespoon Poppy seeds
1/2 Tablespoon Granulated sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon Dill weed
1/2 teaspoon White pepper
1. Cut the broccoli into small florets and place into a medium size mixing bowl. Then shred the stalk of the broccoli and add to the florets.
2. Add the shredded cabbage, dried cranberries, sliced scallions and mix into the broccoli.
3. Add the rice vinegar, olive oil, poppy seeds, granulated sugar, salt, dill weed and white pepper and to the salad mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are mixed well.
4. Allow to set at room temperature for an hour.
5. Top with almonds immediately before serving.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.