Chef Brian M. Romano, CEC
1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Corn Bread slices
1/4 cup Butter
1 Peach, pitted and diced
1 Small mango, pitted and diced
1 Small clove of garlic, chopped
1 Green onion stalk
1/2 Jalapeo, deseeded and chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Rum
1. Melt butter in small saucepan. Add garlic, green onion, and jalapeno. Cook garlic until almost brown.
2. Immediately add brown sugar, diced peach, and mango. While stirring constantly, cook for about a minute.
3. Add rum. Stir well and then remove from heat.
French Toast Batter:
2 Eggs, beaten
1/3 cup Whole milk
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Add all ingredients and mix until a smooth consistency.
Directions to Cook French Toast:
1. Add butter to a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
2. Dip each slice of cornbread into the batter to coat evenly. Lay bread into the pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
3. Cut two pieces of the finished toast in half and place on a plate. Serve with the peach-mango chutney.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.